Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button and you will automatically be alerted of the latest events in our community.
April 22, 2018, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM @ Wilson Park
CO-SPONSORED BY SCOTTS & MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
Throw strikes to a designated target, hit from a batting tee for distance and accuracy, and sprint from 2nd base to home plate for time. Winners advance to sectional competition and have an opportunity to advance to the MLB All Star Week. Make sure to bring a copy of birth certificate for age verification. Boys and girls compete separately in four age groups (Ages 7-14).
April 22, 2018, 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM @ The CROP Walk starts and ends at Carrboro Town Commons.
Bring your family and friends and enjoy an afternoon of games, anti-hunger activities and great music provided by the New Orleans Masquerade. Let's walk together to end hunger and poverty in our community and around the world.
The walk is a 3.7 mile or .8 mile family-friendly stroll through Carrboro and Chapel Hill, including UNC-Chapel Hill.
The Chapel Hill/Carrboro CROP Hunger Walk supports hunger relief efforts globally and locally. Church World Service distributes 75 percent of the money to hunger programs in more than 80 countries. The remaining 25 percent feeds families through IFC's food pantry and community kitchen.
April 23, 2018, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM @ Carrboro Century Center
Celebrate National Poetry Month with a few wonderful poets reading from their works. Monday, April 23, 2018 at the Century Center, bring your dinner or enjoy a snack provided by the Recreation & Parks Department and feast on poetry!
April 24, 2018, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM @ Grey Culbreth Middle School Gymnasium
The Carrboro Recreation and Parks Department Drop-In programs allow participants the opportunity to play in an informal setting and to meet others of similar sporting interest. Groups are welcome to attend. Participants should contact the Recreation and Parks Department at (919) 918-7364 for specific scheduling information.
Ages 16+ (Experienced players 15 & Under may attend with a parent/guardian.)
April 26, 2018, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM @ Grey Culbreth Middle School Gymnasium
April 27, 2018, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM @ Carrboro Century Center
Come experience the pleasure of Nia, the hottest fusion fitness technique in mind-body wellness! For all levels and ages, Nia is a joyful and exhilarating practice that combines dance, martial arts, yoga, and self-healing. For one and 1/2 hours, licensed Nia instructors will guide you through a collage of movement to uplifting universal music. Discover the Joy of Movement, a "no-pain" technique that is The Body's Way! Join us!
Instructor: Kate Finlayson
April 28, 2018, 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Celebrate the end of winter, the essence of the Islands and the kava culture at Krave Kava Bar & Lounge. The outdoor celebration features beachy games, a pig roast, and at sundown, traditional Polynesian fire dancers.
Join us as we play outside from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, April 28, 2018. Take a turn at the dunk tank – or if you’re really brave, take a turn as the target. Get a plate of pig and a kava. New to the kava experience? There are free samples for first-timers.
At sundown, enjoy the artistry of the Polynesian fire dancers. At the Krushin’ Spring Shindig Krave will roll out a new Island-inspired specialty drink, the Pineapple Krush.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/KrushinSpringShindig.
April 29, 2018, 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM @ Carrboro Century Center
Durham Ballet Theatre is Durham’s premier academy for classical, ballet, pointe, modern, aerial, silks and lycra. Durham Ballet offers three divisions: children’s, students and adults. Don’t miss the opportunity to experience this wonderful performance.
April 24, 2018, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM @ Board Room
April 26, 2018, 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM @ Room 100
The Town would like to hear from the community and gain feedback on this project. "Drop-in" sessions at Town Hall will be held on April 18 and 26 in order to provide an opportunity for the community to offer input. A formal Public Hearing is being planned for later in the spring. Carrboro residents are invited to visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/1138/Draft-Stormwater-Utility-Rate-Structure for more information.