Volunteer With Us
This 11 member commission is appointed by the Town Council and serves in an advisory capacity to the Council regarding Recreation and Parks issues. Read more about the Recreation and Parks Commission.
Description of Duties
- Monthly meetings held on the first Monday evening of every month
- Must complete Advisory Board Application and apply through the Town clerks office
- Appointment made by the Town Council
- 3 year term
- Commission members also frequently volunteer to Departmental major events especially Halloween and 4th of July and are invited to represent the commission for other event support (Judges, Ribbon Cutters, Etc)
- Commission members may also volunteer for additional appointments to County work groups and committees when new committees or openings arise
- Interest in recreation and parks issues
- 7 members must be residents of Carrboro
- 2 members shall be residents of Orange County, outside the town limits
- 1 school representative also included
For more information email the Town Clerk or call 919-918-7309.